Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday (28)

"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly meme hosted by "Breaking the Spine" were bloggers can post their anticipated upcoming publications! This week I've chosen a new author for me, but some of you may know her from her wolf series, Shiver.

The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Expected Publication: September 18, 2012


There are only two reasons a non-seer would see a spirit on St. Mark’s Eve,” Neeve said. “Either you’re his true love . . . or you killed him.”

"It is freezing in the churchyard, even before the dead arrive."

"Every year, Blue Sargent stands next to her clairvoyant mother as the soon-to-be dead walk past. Blue herself never sees them—not until this year, when a boy emerges from the dark and speaks directly to her."

"His name is Gansey, and Blue soon discovers that he is a rich student at Aglionby, the local private school. Blue has a policy of staying away from Aglionby boys. Known as Raven Boys, they can only mean trouble."

"But Blue is drawn to Gansey, in a way she can’t entirely explain. He has it all—family money, good looks, devoted friends—but he’s looking for much more than that. He is on a quest that has encompassed three other Raven Boys. For as long as she can remember, Blue has been warned that she will cause her true love to die. She never thought this would be a problem. But now, as her life becomes caught up in the strange and sinister world of the Raven Boys, she’s not so sure anymore.
"

Thoughts: Seeing as this is a new author for me I can't really comment on the writing style I'll be expecting, although I do love the synopsis and overall premisis of this novel! I honestly think after reading about Rachel Vincents "Soul Screamer" novels I have become hooked on anything to do with "seers" and spirits and reapers and such. Maggie seems to be delivering an entirely new and different twist on the lore of these seers with the opening statement, "either you're his true love ... or you killed him". It really sparks my curiousity because the main character, Blue has been destined to kill her true love! So along with an opening in a graveyard (creepy) we also have a "love" interest. AND who are these Raven Boys - I am dying to know more about them as well. This book just screams unanswered questions that BEG to be answered! Annnnd of course the cover art! *sigh* how could you not just love the cover - I know its not the typical beautiful girl or handsome boy, but still in itself speaks volumes of what you can expect for this upcoming publication. I just love the placement of everything, very catching to the eye, and also the eye's in the wing of the raven - creeepy! Keep on the look out for this book once September hits, I have a feeling I'll be diving into this one around Halloween :)

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if I'll buy tis one, but I'll definitely try to get my hands on it!

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so good you need to read her Shiver Series if you haven't yet its so good :)

    ReplyDelete