Monday, October 31, 2011

Its Monday! What are you Reading? (6)

This is a weekly meme hosted by Shelia at Book Journey. Head on over if you'd like to participate! It is an awesome way to meet new bloggers, and add fabulous books to that ever growing pile, of "to be read" books. 

YAY! Monday is here! Lets see what I have to read for this week, lol. HA! Like I have a lack of books, I have two piles of books to read so I think there might be TOO much choice. OH! And HAPPY ALL HALLOWS EVE! to everyone.

Last Week:
"Need" by Carrie Jones (excellent first book in the series!)

This Week:

"Bloodfever" by Karen Marie Moning

"I used to be your average, everyday girl but all that changed one night in Dublin when I saw my first Fae, and got dragged into a world of deadly immortals and ancient secrets. . . ."
 
"In her fight to stay alive, MacKayla must find the Sinsar Dubh—a million-year-old book of the blackest magic imaginable, which holds the key to power over the worlds of both the Fae and Man. Pursued by assassins, surrounded by mysterious figures she knows she can’t trust, Mac finds herself torn between two deadly and powerful men: V’lane, the immortal Fae Prince, and Jericho Barrons, a man as irresistible as he is dangerous. For centuries the shadowy realm of the Fae has coexisted with that of humans. Now the walls between the two are coming down, and Mac is the only thing that stands between them."


"Juliet Immortal" by Stacey Jay

"The most tragic love story in history . . ."

"Juliet Capulet didn't take her own life. She was murdered by the person she trusted most, her new husband, Romeo Montague, a sacrifice made to ensure his own immortality. But what Romeo didn't anticipate was that Juliet would be granted eternity, as well, and would become an agent for the Ambassadors of Light. For 700 years, she's fought Romeo for the souls of true lovers, struggling to preserve romantic love and the lives of the innocent. Until the day she meets someone she's forbidden to love, and Romeo, oh Romeo, will do everything in his power to destroy that love."


The Toss Up:


I can never see indefinitely what my second book I want to read this upcoming week is going to be, SO I have decided that I am going to do a "Toss Up" section of this meme. I have two books that I'm craving to read but I cannot decide which one I am going to get too. Therefore, I'll just post my two choices and we'll see next week which one I choose. Now of course comments are always wanted, so if you have a "sway" to one or the other please do tell me! It may help with my hard decision that lies ahead, lol.




"Fury" by Elizabeth Miles









"It’s winter break in Ascension, Maine. The snow is falling and everything looks pristine and peaceful. But not all is as it seems..."

"Between cozy traditions and parties with her friends, Emily loves the holidays. And this year’s even better--the guy she’s been into for months is finally noticing her. But Em knows if she starts things with him, there’s no turning back. Because his girlfriend is Em’s best friend. On the other side of town, Chase is having problems of his own. The stress of his home life is starting to take its toll, and his social life is unraveling. But that’s nothing compared to what’s really haunting him. Chase has done something cruel...something the perfect guy he pretends to be would never do. And it’s only a matter of time before he’s exposed. In Ascension, mistakes can be deadly. And three girls—three beautiful, mysterious girls—are here to choose who will pay."
"Em and Chase have been chosen."

"Delirium" by Lauren Oliver

"Before scientists found the cure, people thought love was a good thing. They didn’t understand that once love -- the deliria -- blooms in your blood, there is no escaping its hold. Things are different now. Scientists are able to eradicate love, and the government demands that all citizens receive the cure upon turning eighteen. Lena Holoway has always looked forward to the day when she’ll be cured. A life without love is a life without pain: safe, measured, predictable, and happy."

"But with ninety-five days left until her treatment, Lena does the unthinkable: She falls in love."

4 comments:

  1. I found Fury was quite disappointing despite the wonderful cover so I hope you enjoy it more than I did

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Random fact: Elizabeth Miles and Lauren Oliver are childhood best friends! I'm about halfway through Fury and I'm liking it.. I wonder what you're take will be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was semi-disappointed by Delirium...but I had super high expectations...so I think if you go in with low expectations you will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks girls for the comments!

    @Shelleyrae - I am hoping I dont find it too disappointing their has been mixed comments about it so I hope I find it better than most. I did meet Elizabeth Miles and she is such a sweet heart so I hope her story is up to her standards when she explained it all, lol.

    @Chelsey - I did know that!! From Brampton when Elizabeth was talking about how she got into writing, she mentioned her long time friend Lauren Oliver - I thought how cool!! lol.

    @Natalie - I remember you telling me it wasn't up to your expectations so perhaps I'll go in with low ones and see what happens, lol!

    ReplyDelete