Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (23)

"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly meme hosted by "Breaking the Spine" were bloggers can post their anticipated upcoming publications!

This weeks "WOW" is something a little different, and a lot more edgy than last weeks. I am in the mood for books such as
"Graceling", and "Eon: Dragoneye Reborn" and I thought that this book bellow fit into those categories quite nicely!


The Legacy of Tril: Soulbound by Heather Brewer
Publisher: Dial (Penguin USA)
Expected Publication: July 5, 2012

"What's worse than being blackmailed to attend a hidden school where you're treated like a second-class citizen? How about nearly getting eaten by a monster when you arrive? Or learning that your soulmate was killed in a centuries-old secret war? And then there's the evil king who's determined to rule the world unless you can stop him..."

"Meet Kaya, a young woman with the power to heal and the determination to fight. But struggle as she will, she remains tied to three very different men: a hero who has forsaken glory, a tyrannical ruler who wants to use Kaya, and a warrior who's stolen her heart. Kaya learns the hard way that some ties can't be broken...and blood is the strongest bond of all."

Thoughts: Well lets start with the synopsis of the book (mix it up a bit, lol). I have been itching all week for a really good fantasy/adventure Young Adult novel to just sink myself into, and alas I haven't been able to find one on my giant stack of books! Until, I feasted my eye on this lovely beauty! The storyline really caught my eye, similar to those of Graceling or Eon, I thought this would be a great story to add to my 2012 most anticipated pile. The fact that she is a strong and independent warrior WITH a love interest and a strong struggle ahead of her caught my attention immediately. The cover also was something that really held my intrigue when I came across it. There is a lot going on, on the cover but it is not too much and draws your attention where needed, such as the girl with the chain mail vail - creative and mysterious all at the same time. Or how about the fact the series title is written along the side, but "Soulbound" (the main title) is in tiny white script along the bottom. These attributes draw your attention to where it is needed most, and I absolutely adore it! I'm a sucker for beautiful covers, and this is definitely one of them!

4 comments:

  1. I actually havent heard anything about this book before, but it does sound interesting!! Kinda reminds me of Touch of Power!

    Our WOW: http://majibookshelf.blogspot.com/2012/02/waiting-on-wednesday-12-flirting-in.html#comment-form

    Farah @Majibookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen this cover before but never heard much about it. It sounds pretty neat but not sure about the warrior part. I'll wait to see some reviews! Love the cover though!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I really like the sound of it. The cover is GORGEOUS and it definitely sounds like a really good read! Hope it's worth the wait!

    What I'm waiting on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, not really my thing but it does sound like a good mix of fantasy and adventure. But you have me really wanting to read Graceling now! Also, I don't think I got your email about staying connected to the blog, but I will be sure to update my Google Reader nonetheless :)

    ReplyDelete