Monday, November 7, 2011

Its Monday! What are you Reading? (7)

This is a weekly meme hosted by Shelia at Book Journey. Head on over if you'd like to participate! It is an awesome way to meet new bloggers, and add fabulous books to that ever growing pile, of "to read" books. 

I swear I am addicted to buying and collecting books. And you'd think "hey its better than drugs, or alcohol, or something worse" but seriously I think I can't go a week without picking up something new! Anyone else have that problem? lol! 



Last Week:

"Bloodfever" by Karen Marie Moning
"Juliet Immortal" by Stacey Jay
NOTE: last week was far too busy for me to complete one book that I wanted except a mini text book called "Rampolla: A Guide to Writing History"; and my seminar readings - I know totally not as good as some Jericho Barrons, hehe.

This Week:


by Chris Evans
"The first book in a stunning debut series, A Darkness Forged in Fire introduces an unforgiving world of musket and cannon, bow and arrow, magic, diplomacy, and oaths---each wielding terrible power in an Empire teetering on the brink of war"




by Ally Condie
"Cassia has always trusted the Society to make the right choices for her: what to read, what to watch, what to believe. So when Xander's face appears on-screen at her Matching ceremony, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is her ideal mate... until she sees Ky Markham's face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black." 

"The Society tells her it's a glitch, a rare malfunction, and that she should focus on the happy life she's destined to lead with Xander. But Cassia can't stop thinking about Ky, and as they slowly fall in love, Cassia begins to doubt the Society's infallibility and is faced with an impossible choice: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she's known and a path that no one else has dared to follow."

5 comments:

  1. Yeah I also have that problem. I purposely avoid going to certain places because I know I'm going to buy a book.

    I haven't read Matched but am curious for sure!

    New follower!!

    xo,
    Lah @ LazyGirl Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. IT's funny now that I started to read more books and btw I am new to book journey, I had the opportunity to pick up 5 books for free that people donated to the bottle depot . I am definitely on the right path :) Have a great week !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good :) I enjoyed Match...I hope you are too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also have that problem with books. My to read shelf is bigger than my read shelf :(
    and this is real life shelves not GR ones :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the comments girlies!! :)

    @Captain Biscuits - HAHA! I have the same problem! My books I haven't read don't even sit on the shelves they sit on top of the shelving unit so I know which ones I haven't read - annnnnd I'm running out of space basically for any new books lol.

    @Natalie - I haven't started it yet but I've been looking forward to a new dystopian romance novel :) I hope I like it.

    @Jackie - Book Journey has some awesome meme's and events to get readers started! Happy Reading! Enjoy!

    @Lah @ Lazy Girl Reads - Thanks for becoming a follower!! :) And I definitely understand that! When I visit my boyfriends parents they live in Sarnia and they have a little book shop I always go too and now I must avoid it because they have such good deals ALWAYS! On old and new books, lol. I'll be starting Match soon so I'll post a review :)

    ReplyDelete